PEP 557* versus the world
Python 3.7 will ship with a new module called
dataclasses, which has been defined in PEP 557.
- What is this module?
- What are the problems that PEP 557 authors try to solve?
- What was the chosen design, and why?
- How does it compare against the tools that already exist?
This talk will deeply cover
dataclasses, but also
thingy, and others.
- Slides: https://slides.com/ramnes/pep-557
- Implementations and micro-benchmark: https://github.com/ramnes/pep-557-vs-the-world
I would like to work with open source projects to create a branch of the tree with all
of the best videos for your open source project. Please
send me an email if you are interested.